Firmware 4.0.0 (Beta) adds support for Matter, the new smart home connectivity standard that enables a wide variety of smart home accessories to work together across ecosystems. The first batch of supported devices includes: wall switch, outlet, light, window covering, thermostat, motion sensor, temperature and humidity sensor, door and window sensor, vibration sensor, light sensor, wireless switch, cube, etc., you can visit aqara.com get a detailed product list.
• To activate Matter, navigate to "Bind to Matter (Beta)" on the settings page of the hub, and make sure your Matter controllers (e.g. HomePod mini, Nest Hubs), the hub and phone are on the same local network.
• This firmware will let you expose your existing Zigbee devices connected to Hub M2 to third-party Matter apps over Wi-Fi, but it will NOT upgrade Zigbee devices to Thread.
• Make sure your Aqara Home app version is 3.0.8 or higher and iOS or HomePod version is 16.3 or higher.
• To add the devices to Google Home, you need to have Nest Hub 2nd, Nest Hub Max, you will need to have an Android phone to run the Google Home app.
• Amazon Alexa and Samsung SmartThings do not support Bridge device type yet, and cannot connect to the Hub M2 via Matter at the moment.
• This is a BETA version for users who need to experience the Matter features, it may has some bugs which may cause unexpected impact in some cases, if happens, please try to unbind from Matter and add the hub to Matter app again.