Door and Window Sensor T1
1. Line up the sensor unit and the magnet unit according to the mounting mark as shown in the quick start guide. Attach the sensor unit to the fixed surface and the magnet to the surface that will be opened;
2. The distance between the sensor unit and the magnet unit should be less than 22 mm (7/8 inch);
3. The exact position can vary, but ensure that the sensor unit and the magnet unit are installed in alignment;
4. Because of the complex nature of an indoor environment, adjusting the distance between the Hub and the Aqara Door and Window Sensor T1 can improve the overall result;
5. Avoid installing sensors on metal surfaces because of the adverse effect this can have on the signal.
Turn the magnet 90 degrees. It is better to install the sensor unit on a fixed door frame. Attaching the small magnet unit to the door is the best way to protect the sensor. Although the sensor unit should be less than 22 mm (7/8 inch) from the magnet, they should not be installed too close to each other to avoid contact and damage that may occur during closing.
In a complex indoor environment, the distance will be reduced if there is a wall in between. Please place the the Hub close to the Door and Window Sensor T1 to ensure good connectivity.
1. Operation error. Please add the accessory according to Add Accessory method again.
2. The accessory is too far away from the Hub. Please move the accessory closer to the Hub.
3. There are more than 32 accessories under this Hub.
1. The accessory is too far away from the Hub, please try to install the accessory closer to the Hub.
2. Low battery or dead battery. Please replace the battery.
3. The accessory is installed on the metal surface and the signal is interfered. Please avoid metal surface.
① Click the reset button of the sensor. If the Hub makes voice prompts, "Normal link confirmed", it indicates that the Hub and the Aqara Door and Window Sensor T1 communicate properly. Look at the next step; If there is no voice prompt, please move the sensor closer to the Hub and try again. If there is still no voice prompt, the sensor might be deleted or it might run out of battery. Please refer to the accessory adding methods to add the accessory or replace the battery.
② Please move the sensor unit close to the magnet unit and move away from the magnet for 2 or 3 times. Enter the homepage of the Door and Window Sensor T1 in the app. If the status is changed, it indicates the accessory works properly.
1. Aqara Door and Window Sensor T1 can be installed on the door or window to detect door and window status.
2. It works with other smart accessories. If it detects that door/window opens or closes, it will trigger other accessories to turn on or off home appliances or to take other actions.
1. The sensor unit and magnet unit might be too far away from each other. Please check the distance between them and the distance should be no more than 22 mm (7/8 inch).
2. The Hub might be too far away from the sensor. Make sure the gap between the sensor unit and the magnet unit is no more than 22 mm (7/8 inch). Click the reset button with at your desired location. If the Hub makes voice prompts, it indicates the Hub communicates effectively with the sensor. If not, please move the sensor closer to the Hub.
1. Push in and hold the reset button on the accessory for 5 seconds. The indicator will flash 3 times before resetting to factory defaults.
2. If a connected sensor needs to be connected to another Hub, it has to be reset first.